Okay, I've been tagged by http://betsyloveldsauthor.blogspot.com/ So here are my answers to her questions:
1. What is your first memory of writing or reading?
My mother read to all of us out of the back of an old set of Britannica Encyclopedias ~ I remember being quite young on her knee while she read from Hans Christian Anderson ~ probably why I love fantasy!
2. If you could be a character in a book, which one and why?
Oh, so many to choose from! - I really like Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings ~ so much power and yet, she chooses the better way instead of ruling the world.
3. An unexpected package has just arrived for you. What do you hope is inside?
Something magical ~ like a do-it-yourself portal kit, either that, or a box of fresh apples shipped from Maine during apple season.
4. Which would you rather lose your hearing or your vision? Why?
I've already lost a lot of my hearing, probably from playing in a band years ago and its not so bad, in fact, now if my son decides to make a racket in the kitchen cooking something at midnight, it doesn't bother me (well, except for the mess in the morning.)
5. If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would you go? What would you do?
I'd visit the land(s) of my ancestors ~ direct links to Ireland, Scotland and England. I'd track down where my family lived and see if I can find living relations then I'd sample the local cuisine and visit the historical landmarks and castles. That's what I'd do the first few days, after that, I'd relax in a hammock in an old oak tree and use the rich scenery surrounding me as inspiration for writing.
6. If you could be a bug, which one would you choose?
Ick. Not much of a bug person ~ I guess if I had to be a bug, I'd be a bee - a queen bee.
7. When you're in your writing "zone" do you like to snack? If so what's your favorite?
I really like eating grapes - no guilt, good for you ~ but right now? I'm staring at a huge Reese's peanut-butter bar (YES! It comes in a bar now!)
8. Where is your favorite place to write?
I prefer to be outside surrounded by trees and flowers, but alas ~ I have to settle for my mostly quiet bedroom.
9. What is one thing you would change about yesterday.
I'd never have left my family in Maine, USA after I graduated ... I would've stayed right there and become a part of that community. I guess after you reach the age of adulthood, you want to get out on your own, right? I moved clear across the nation and attended college. Okay, so maybe I have a few regrets from that, but given the incredible experiences I've had in the many places that I have lived - I guess I wouldn't want to give those up either.
10. You've been given a million dollars. What is the first thing you would do with it? (You can't put it in the bank)
Well okay, I was thinking, "I'd pay my debts" and while that is VERY true, I doubt it'd be the first thing that I'd do. I think the first thing that I'd do would be to visit my grandson in Florida and take my other three grandchildren with me so they could meet him too. Then I'd buy a small condominium there so that we could have a place to stay and visit him frequently.
11. If you were give three wishes what you wish for? (No wishing for more wishes. One other warning, be careful what you wish for. It didn't turn out so well for the fisherman's wife.)
Real true wishes? ~sigh~ I'd wish for complete knowledge ~ to understand everything that exists down to the minutest detail. I'd wish for complete wisdom ~ to know the spiritual aspects associated with that knowledge. And I'd wish for the ability to speak and understand all languages ~ what a great thing that would be to freely speak with anyone and understand them in their own tongue.
Gosh! Now I have to come up with eleven questions and tag some new friends? Okay ANYONE reading this? TAG you're it! Answer these questions on your blog and link it back to mine!
1. You're on a deserted island for six months with one person ~ who would it be and why?
2. You were caught in a meteor shower which left you with strange abilities. Now every time you eat chocolate, you can ... what?
3. A friend takes you to an abandoned castle that has been hidden for centuries. She heard a rumor that great treasure was hidden in the sixth tower. Would you venture inside or turn it over to the authorities to investigate? What would you find?
4. You can only drink one type of beverage for the next year - what would it be and why?
5. Have you ever had to face a fear of yours? What was it and how did you overcome it, if you did?
6. Have you enjoyed certain ages in your life more than others? What is your ideal age and why?
7. Has anyone totally amazed you in life? Who and why?
8. Have you ever written in a character in a story patterned after a real person ~ out of spite, because that person ticked you off?
9. Do any of your characters make you totally crazy because they have a mind of their own and take you places you hadn't planned on?
10. What is your most favorite phrase/paragraph that you have written? Can you share it?
11. If you could sit down and talk shop with any writer from any time period - who would it be and why?